Date Posted: 03/04/2016
Application Deadline: 03/31/2016
Type of Position: Temporary
View Job Description (link): Click here to view job description
Americorps VISTA is a ONE YEAR commitment beginning June 25, 2016.
Please e-mail a cover letter stating your interest and how you meet the stated position qualifications along with your resume as soon as possible and by no later than
March 31st, 2016 to:
Bobbi Reichtell, Executive Director
Campus District, Inc.
2254 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
The VISTA will work towards the goals through:
• creating a local hiring program that connects individuals living in public housing in the Central neighborhood to entry level job opportunities at the three anchor institutions within the district,
• assist in research and planning for the development of a Business Improvement District (BID) in the northern Campus District to increase safety and attract businesses to vacant buildings,
• establishing the anchor institution housing initiative, which will incentivize employees at the Campus District three anchor institutions to live in new mixed-income housing being developed by Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority in the Southern part of the Campus District/Central neighborhood,
• connecting and communicating with neighborhood residents, businesses, organizations, and institutions, by editing the Campus District, Inc.’s bi-monthly e-news, and other marketing and communication platforms.
• researching and applying for funding opportunities to sustain programs.
VISTA Benefits include monthly living expenses, time off, end of service stipend or education award, relocation allowance, life insurance, health care support, child care support
Americorps VISTA is a ONE YEAR commitment beginning June 25, 2016. As part connecting the Campus District area, CDI aspires to cultivate and elevate the voices of all stakeholders—low-income families and individuals, students, homeless shelter residents, artists, business and property owners, and institutional organizations—and to facilitate initiatives that improve the financial well-being and security of economically disadvantaged individuals.