$1,000, publication, and a standard royalty contract.
Guidelines link: Click here for guidelines
Location: Local (Cleveland Area)
CSU Poetry Center
The Cleveland State University Poetry Center welcomes submissions for our Open Book Poetry Competition; the winner will receive $1,000, publication, and a standard royalty contract. This year’s contest will be judged by a panel of previous CSU authors: Rebecca Gayle Howell, Lo Kwa Mei-en, & Lee Upton.
1. Manuscripts are eligible for the Open Book Poetry Competition if the author has published at least one full-length collection of original poetry in English (of 48 pages or more with a press run of at least 500 copies). ** This competition is not open to first books. ** Translations are not eligible.
2. Intimate friends, relatives, or current and former students of the panel of the judges are not eligible to submit. Faculty, staff, students, and alumni of Cleveland State University or the Northeast Ohio MFA Program (NEOMFA) are not eligible to submit their work.
GUIDELINES & NOTES
1. Make sure to record/update your most current information (name, manuscript title, address, phone number, and email address) in your Submittable account; this is the information we will use to contact you. No other cover page or biographical information should be included in your submission and your name should not appear elsewhere in the manuscript. You may include an acknowledgments page that lists previously published poems.
2. Multiple submissions are welcome and simultaneous submissions are acceptable (please inform us if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere).
3. The CSU Poetry Center reserves the right to consider all entrants for publication; a list of winners and finalists will be posted on the Poetry Center website in late summer/early fall of 2017.