Performance of pieces in November
Guidelines link: Click here for guidelines
Disciplines: Design, Literary, Theatre
Location: Local (Cleveland Area)
Ohio Shakespeare Festival
The performances will take place on November 3 and 4, 2017, 8:00pm. Rehearsals can begin no earlier than October 2. You will submit a proposed rehearsal schedule, but be prepared to work around the needs of the MainStage productions.
Submissions are due August 1, 2017.
The qualities of a successful submission include, but are not limited to the following:
• A title that can be easily produced in a blackbox style (i.e. without any extraordinary set, technical, or costume requirements).
• A production that has no more than 8 actors
• A fully realized cast list, and a designated director and stage manager
• A clear connection, in whatever creative capacity, to classic theatre/storytelling
• No longer than 2 hours, 15 minutes long in run-time
• A detailed proposed rehearsal schedule
• A title that likely would not be considered for the OSF subscription series.
The theatre will provide:
• rights to the production (if applicable)
• basic lighting design
• basic sound design
• one light and/or sound operator
• some access to Ohio Shakespeare stock
• $500 stipend that must be spent on the production/artists involved
You will provide:
• Rehearsal schedules, including a clear and organized tech period
• Stage Manager
• Rehearsal and performance reports
• Speciality props/costumes