Inclusion in juried exhibition
Guidelines link: Click here for guidelines
Guidelines: Call for Entries_AEO_2018_Brochure.docx 588.99 kB
Location: Local (Cleveland Area)
Started in 1996 by VSA Ohio, Accessible Expressions Ohio is an adjudicated, statewide exhibition and tour of visual art for artists of all ages with disabilities. This professional development opportunity helps raise awareness about art and disability by presenting the art in inclusive settings, where viewers can pARTicipate and artwork is for sale.
The AEO Call for Art is open to artists of any age, who are residents of Ohio and have a disability. *As defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, a disability is a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity. Applicants need not disclose their actual disability.
• Submissions must be original artwork completed within the last 2 years.
• Artists may submit one (1) or two (2) entries. There is an entry fee of $20 per entry.
• All artwork must have a visual component.
• Entries are reviewed by a panel of distinguished artists, educators, and arts administrators who determine originality and diversity. All decisions are final.
• Entry deadline: Friday, December 1, 2017.
• Artist notification: Friday, January 5, 2018.
• Artwork must be delivered to: VSA Ohio, by Friday, February 9th.
Art work is for sale while on tour and artists are sent postcards so they know where their art is on display. An Opening Ceremony takes place in March where every artist received a certificate and awards are given for Best in Show, People's Choice, and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place for each entry category (youth, emerging, professional).
Please see the GUIDELINES LINK and GUIDELINES DOCUMENT above for entry form, full details and contact information.