Date Posted: 08/24/2017
Type of Position: Permanent
View Job Description (link): Click here to view job description
Please submit your resume and application using CMSD online Workday system linked above. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of an FBI/BCI background check and drug screen.
CMSD believes that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. CMSD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Position Title: Director of Arts Education
Location: Central Office (1111 Superior Ave)
Salary Band: 15
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Chief Academic Officer
Created By: Danielle Thomas, Talent Management Partner
"We are all educators. We do whatever it takes to get the job done for our scholars.
It is the Cleveland Metropolitan School District’s vision to develop each student’s full creative and intellectual potential through rich experiences in the arts. The arts offer powerful tools for expression, and forge connections between intellect and emotion, problem-solving, communicating ideas and bringing meaning and beauty into our lives. CMSD envisions an arts education strategy that:
- Commits to arts instruction as a critical element of the core curriculum.
- Generates inspired, standards-based instruction in the arts.
- Provides high quality arts instruction by arts specialists and classroom teachers, supported by purposeful partnerships with professional organizations and community arts-based programs.
- Ensures that every school is resource-ready to offer excellent arts programming.
- Creates opportunities for students who self-identify an interest in the arts to have multiple chances to explore that interest in depth.
- Establishes a work plan for successful arts integration into other subjects."
Cleveland Metropolitan School District
Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) is seeking an Arts Education Director to guide the creation of a new Arts Education Plan for CMSD, which is intended to serve as a rallying point for partners in the arts, business, government and funding communities. As these partners engage with CMSD and share their wisdom and perspectives, this common vision will only grow stronger.