Date Posted: 07/06/2017
Application Deadline: 08/31/2017
Type of Position: Permanent
View Job Description (link): Click here to view job description
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “P/T Graphic Designer”.
• Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. This is your first chance to convince us of your awesomeness so don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
• Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it blindingly obvious that you are the best possible candidate for this position.
• Digital portfolio showcasing your impressive skills. Feel free to include links to relevant work, websites, etc.
• References from employers, coworkers or clients that tell us why you would be perfect for this position.
Who are you?
* You’re a creative designer with contemporary style and 3-4 year experience in an advertising or similar agency.
* You’re comfortable sharing your fresh ideas and open to lots and lots of feedback. And revisions. And more revisions.
* You’re passionate about visually sharing MOCA’s ever-changing programs and exhibitions.
* Your skill in conceptualization and implementation knows no bounds.
* You recognize that brand-based design is a formidable weapon and you wield it with enthusiasm.
* Your attention to detail is legendary. No typo goes unnoticed or un-mocked.
* You might be dangerously chill but you’re not a lone wolf - you embrace collaboration and value teamwork.
* Bachelor's and/or Master’s Degree in graphic design is a must.
Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland
What will you be doing?
* Help craft the world’s perception of MOCA.
* Master MOCA’s brand voice in a consistent, pithy manner.
* Juggle a variety of production needs efficiently and with constant awareness of deadlines.
* Produce beautiful, unique seasonal member magazines, annual reports, invitations, signage, web pages, e-blasts, display ads and anything else we can dream up.
* Use Trello software to track all design projects and keep the marketing team up to speed.* Coach a delightful student intern.