Date Posted: 11/16/2017
Application Deadline: 12/31/2017
Type of Position: full time
View Job Description (link): Click here to view job description
Job Description: AF Patron Services Coordinator.2017.pdf 90.68 kB
Send resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to: Search@apollosfire.orgOrganization
Apollo’s Fire, The Cleveland Baroque Orchestra, is an internationally recognized touring ensemble with a thriving subscription series in Cleveland and Akron. Hailed as “the U.S.A.’s hottest baroque band” (Classical Music Magazine, UK), the ensemble is in its 26th season. Apollo’s Fire has performed to sold-out houses at major halls in European capitals, as well as the U.S. and Canada. The ensemble performs a series of 7 subscription programs with multiple performances of each program in venues throughout Northeast Ohio, as well as summer countryside concerts in rustic venues.
Performing on period instruments under the leadership of Music Director Jeannette Sorrell, the ensemble has been praised for “forging a vibrant, life-affirming approach to the re-making of early music” (BBC Magazine). The ensemble records for British label AVIE RECORDS and has released 25 commercial CD recordings, with 7 recordings reaching the Top 10 on the classical Billboard chart. AF maintains a suite of offices at the historic Rockefeller Building in Cleveland Heights. The organization has a Board of 25 and an administration of five full-time and seven part-time staff members.
The Patron Services Coordinator is the front-line interface between Apollo’s Fire and its family of subscribers, donors and single-ticket buyers. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serving as Box Office manager, both in-house and at concert venues, including attendance at all events and mobile box office coordination;
- Assisting patrons with ticket orders, donations, and general questions over the phone and in-person;
- Set-up, monitoring, and maintaining of ticketed events in online Box Office system;
- Collating and analyzing financial and ticketing data and presenting reports to staff;
- Forecasting earned revenue for budgetary planning;
- Maintaining key database information, including patron purchasing history, mailing lists, and donor records;
- Coordinating volunteers, including ushers, office help, etc.;
- Collaborating with Marketing staff to implement distribution of marketing materials;
- Other duties as assigned. Possible bookkeeping work can be part of this position, depending on the candidate’s skill set.
Please note: As Apollo’s Fire is a performing arts ensemble, the position requires evening and weekend hours. There are 6-7 sets of concerts per year, with 4-6 performances in each set. Attendance is required at 80% of all concerts as well as special events. However, a ½ day of comp time is provided for each concert worked.
Apollo's Fire Baroque Orchestra
The Patron Services Coordinator is the front-line interface between Apollo’s Fire and its family of subscribers, donors and single-ticket buyers.