Date Posted: 11/28/2017
Type of Position: full time
View Job Description (link): Click here to view job description
To apply send resume and cover letter to: Chris Shick, Vincent Lighting Systems, 6161 Cochran Rd, Suite D, Solon, Ohio, 44139 or email to email@example.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in production work (load-in, run, strike).
• Implement Production Manager/client’s vision. Some design responsibility required.
• Create and complete load list.
• Delivery of orders, mostly local but with occasional overnight trips when necessary.
• Supervise and assist the production shop staff with accurate pulling and thorough testing of all equipment prior to shipment.
• Help load and unload trucks.
• Work with the Rental Shop Manager to maintain a neat, orderly and safe working environment in the production shop.
• Assist other departments when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A BA or BFA in theatre is preferred, but not required.
• All employees interact with clients, excellent customer service skills and professional appearance and demeanor are a must.
• Two years practical experience with theatrical lighting, especially fixtures and portable dimming systems, is required.
• Moving light repair, maintenance, and programming experience (VL, Clay Paky, Hog, MA) preferred.
• Must have PC based computer skills (Microsoft Office, Vectorworks).
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Touring or “road house” experience is desirable.
• Basic rigging and carpentry skills are a plus.
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
• Must possess, or be physically fit to obtain, a Medical Card and meet DOT requirements for driving a commercial motor vehicle.
Vincent Lighting Systems
A full-time position to assist the Production Manager with the planning and execution of production work, and to assist the Rental Shop Manager with equipment preparation and repair. This is a hands-on detail-oriented position.