Date Posted: 11/28/2017
Type of Position: full time
To apply send resume and cover letter to: Chris Shick, Vincent Lighting Systems, 6161 Cochran Rd, Suite D, Solon, Ohio, 44139 or email to email@example.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervision of in-shop crews and assisting with training of in shop procedures and rental equipment.
• Assist the shop crew with accurate pulling and thorough testing of all equipment before shipment.
• Help ensure accurate and timely shipping and receiving of all rental/production orders and sub-rental equipment, including occasionally doing the deliveries and pick-ups.
• Help maintain all rental shop equipment and work with the Production Technician and Shop Managers to facilitate the repair of damaged equipment.
• Assist the Rental Shop Manager in maintaining an accurate inventory of all rental shop equipment.
• Maintain lamp and shop perishables (paint, cleaning supplies, quick clips, tape, and fluids).
• Assist in training clients on rental equipment and setting up demonstrations.
• Work with the Rental Shop Management to maintain a neat, orderly and safe working environment in the shop.
• Occasionally assist in production work (load-in, run, strike).
• Help load and unload trucks.
• Assist other departments when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A BA or BFA in theatre is preferred, but not required.
• All employees interact with clients, excellent customer service skills and professional appearance and demeanor are a must.
• Two years practical experience with theatrical lighting is required.
• Moving light repair, maintenance, and programming experience (VL, Hog, MA) preferred.
• Must have PC based computer skills (Microsoft Office).
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Basic electrical troubleshooting required.
• Basic rigging and carpentry skills are a plus.
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
• Must possess, or be physically fit to obtain, a Medical Card per DOT requirements.
Vincent Lighting Systems
A full time position, responsible for assisting the Shop Manager with getting equipment where it is supposed to be, when it is supposed to be there. This is a hands on, detail oriented job where organizational skills are a must.