In 2007, Arts Cleveland (previously the Community Partnership for Arts and Culture) launched an initiative to increase artists’ access to home and business space ownership. It began with the understanding that artists could improve their chances at economic success by building equity. Recognizing that there are a number of critical factors contributing to artists’ success, and a need for many similar connections to be made, we developed Creative Compass. This website is a tool for artists to share information, find artist opportunities and build connections with each other and with the broader community.
What you’ll find in each section
- A guide with information to get you started or refresh your skills
- A list of organizations (or resources) that can offer you help
- Event/Workshop listings with a number of upcoming opportunities hosted by Arts Cleveland, other arts and culture organizations and area artists
Members throughout the community maintain listings to help you find:
Join the conversation
- View artist stories which feature local artists who have made greater Cleveland their home, and take your own lessons from their experiences
- Submit information you’d like us to share - from events to your own artist story.
Creative Compass is a program of Arts Cleveland.
Communities thrive through arts and culture. Effective arts and culture requires connections, support and unity. This is what drives the Arts Cleveland. Arts Cleveland serves arts and culture professionals, community leaders and visionaries, who are shaping greater Cleveland. Arts Cleveland’s research and advocacy helps leaders and decision-makers stay informed. Its training, online programs and customized advice build ideas, skills and connections for those we serve. Arts Cleveland brings people together and inspires purposeful action in the community. All of this work combined ensures arts and culture is a continued force for making greater Cleveland an even better place to live, work and visit.