Federal, State and Local Taxes
1. Business-related taxes are issued at a variety of levels (municipal, county or parish, regional, state and federal) and through a variety of methods (sales tax, income tax, property tax, capital gains tax, social security withholdings, etc.). Find the name of the taxing agency at each level of government, their filing deadlines and their website address.
2. Review your expenses spreadsheet. At the various levels of government, are there specific taxes for which you may be able to claim a business deduction?
3. What are the documentation requirements for your eligible deductions (e.g. a travel log, receipts, invoices, etc.)?
1. What questions do you have for your accountant or tax preparer related to tax compliance?
2. What is your timeline for obtaining answers, given the filing deadlines that your business faces?
3. Are you aware of any services that provide low-cost or free consultation with accountants in your community?
Art Tax Info
Was this helpful? Give us feedback