Guidelines link: Click here for guidelines
Location: Local (Cleveland Area)
Fine Arts Association
Monday & Tuesday, July 22 & 23, 2019 - 6:30 pm
Callbacks by invitation only: Thursday, July 25, 2019
Monday, August 5, 2019
Rehearsals will be Mon-Thu 6:30-9:30 pm & Sun time TBA
September 20 – October 6, 2019
Fridays/Saturdays 7:30 pm; Sunday matinees 2:00 pm
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 – 1:00 pm senior matinee in the Corning Auditorium.
- Appointments Needed. Call Ann Hedger at 440-951-7500 x103.
- Will be reading short monologues from the script at auditions and possibly some scenes.
- It is imperative you are familiar with the script and characters.
- Must be available for all performances, including the daytime senior matinee.
- Bring a head shot or snapshot of yourself to attach to our paperwork.
- Questions? Call 440-951-7500 x103
5 woman – ages 25-80
4 teen girls – ages 15-20
1 girl – age 10-12
11 men – ages mid 20-80
ALL roles are available.
The Fine Arts Association supports non-traditional casting.
No AEA contracts available for this production.
By Arthur Miller
Director – Ann HedgerThe story focuses upon a young farmer, his wife, and a young servant-girl who maliciously causes the wife's arrest for witchcraft. The farmer brings the girl to court to admit the lie—and it is here that the monstrous course of bigotry and deceit is terrifyingly depicted. The farmer, instead of saving his wife, finds himself also accused of witchcraft and ultimately condemned with a host of others. Winner of the 1953 Tony Award for Best Play. This exciting drama about the Puritan purge of witchcraft in old Salem is both a gripping historical play and a timely parable of our contemporary society. "A powerful drama." —NY Times. "Strongly written." —NY Daily News.