$5,000 individual artist grant + $15,000 in other resources
Guidelines link: Click here for guidelines
Location: Local (Cleveland Area)
With dedicated funding from Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, CPT launches the Premiere Fellowship for theatre artists committed to new play development. CPT will award five artists who have demonstrated excellence in their craft and a commitment to new plays. We are especially seeking artists who can most benefit from working with CPT artistic staff and artistic teams.
The premiere fellowship is available for a vast array of artists: designers, stage managers, scriptwriters and other playwrights, directors, and actors. Fellows will enter into a one-year contract with CPT to undertake artistic work, collaborate with CPT artists, and engage in the life of the theatre. Fellows will receive an award of $5,000 on top of standard CPT fees for work as part of the fellowship.
*Deadline to apply is February 1, 2019
The Premiere Fellowship supports the work of individual artists who are dedicated to new play development. Fellows will engage in a variety of activities as part of the fellowship and receive significant support for their artistic work.
The Premiere Fellowship is only for artists who are currently residents of Cuyahoga County and who remain so for the duration of the fellowship. Students enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program are not eligible.
FOR ALL FELLOWS:
Cleveland Public Theatre will:
* Award the Fellow with the Premiere Fellowship, which includes a $5,000 award in addition to two or more project contracts.
* Offer at least one significant artistic project over the course of the year at the standard fee for CPT or the fee determined by SDC or AEA as applicable.
* Offer additional benefits including free tickets to CPT shows, access to CPT office resources, and access to CPT equipment and stock.
* Provide rehearsal, shop, and/or writing space, as available, throughout 2019.
* Provide one staff ally for each fellow.
* Provide support from a peer or mentor to be jointly chosen by CPT and the Fellow.
* Invest production costs associated with the work of the Fellow to be determined with the Fellow.
Please see the GUIDELINES LINK ABOVE for full details and application.