A monologue in the festival
Guidelines link: Click here for guidelines
Disciplines: Literary, Theatre
Location: Local (Cleveland Area)
The Access Theatre Project
The Access Theatre Project is excited to announce that it is now accepting submissions for its “monologue festival” entitled Hindsight 2020: A Year in Retrospect! The festival will feature original monologues written and submitted by artists and residents of Northeast Ohio and will be presented as a reflection on the events of the past year. The monologues will be filmed in significant locations around Northeast Ohio and will be made available for viewing in Mid-April.
• Submission Deadline: March 8th, 2021 at 11:55PM; accepted by email: email@example.com. Chosen applicants will be notified by March 15th, 2021.
• Monologues should be 1-10 minutes in length.
• They are seeking submissions of original, unpublished, not previously produced monologues about personal life events that took place in the past 12 months.
• Writers are encouraged to draw upon their own personal experiences, or the experiences of a loved one, for subject matter. Examples of monologue subjects they are looking for include: Personal experience with COVID-19, loss of a loved one, teaching/dating/relationships/holidays during COVID-19, healthcare and frontline work in 2020, attending a peaceful protest, creating art/collaborating during the pandemic, voting/participating in the 2020 election, or any other life experiences that YOU have gone through this past year that you feel compelled to share. Comedic monologues on any of these subjects are strongly encouraged--”always look on the bright side of life”!
• Monologues should be written in a first-person narrative format (as you might find in a play).
• Submissions may contain musical elements, but writers should be aware that the licensing rights to any songs used within monologues shall be paid by the monologue writer themselves. Original songs within monologues are also welcome.
• By submitting your monologue(s), you grant The Access Theatre Project permission to record and perform it for Hindsight 2020: A Year in Retrospect. No royalties paid, although writers will receive proper credit for their work.
• Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, they look forward to reading your submissions!