Artist will have the opportunity to sell any work included in the exhibit on a commission basis
Guidelines: Call for Artists, Spring - Fall 2021.pdf 220.88 kB
Location: Local (Cleveland Area)
Holden Forests and Gardens - Cleveland Botanical Gardens
Holden Forests & Gardens (HF&G) is seeking artists to exhibit their work at the Cleveland Botanical Garden campus spring through fall of 2021 and beyond.
Founded in 1930, the Cleveland Botanical Garden is a not-for-profit organization that welcomes thousands of guests each year to its 10 acres of beautiful outdoor gardens and the 18,000-square-foot Eleanor Armstrong Smith Glasshouse. The Garden commits itself to serving the Greater Cleveland community through various special exhibitions throughout the year, as well as outreach programs such as Green Corps, the Community Forestry Program, the Sherwin Institute of Woodland Management, and as acting as an organizing member for the Cleveland Tree Plan.
The purpose of these art exhibits is to further their mission of connecting “people with the wonder, beauty, and value of trees and plants, to inspire action for healthy communities.” The art exhibits present an opportunity for visitors to connect with the work of local artists while enjoying both the interior and exterior gardens. Artist's work will be showcased in the Eppig Gallery, a 69-linear-foot hallway located on the main floor of the Cleveland Botanical garden. Artists may also be considered for the 600-square-foot Guren Gallery on the second floor of the building.
Scope of Exhibit:
• HF&G is seeking artists to showcase work connecting to and inspired by botanical and natural worlds (Number of work dependent on finished size and designated display space).
• Work can be completed in any medium and can be either two or three dimensional.
• Multi-media works will be considered as long as the artist can provide the necessary equipment.
• Artist will have the opportunity to sell any work included in the exhibit on a commission basis.
• Artist may also submit books, small works, and prints to be sold in the Garden Store on a commission basis.
• The subject matter of the work is up to the artist but should directly relate to our mission.
• Pending final scope and schedule the artist may be part of a media campaign that includes press releases, mentions in Forests & Gardens, our quarterly members magazine, paid and organic social media posts, and eblast communications with 30,000+ subscribers.
Letter of Interest as email are being accepted on a rolling basis, sent to Jillian Slane, Director of Exhibits and Experiences, at firstname.lastname@example.org to include:
• Short artist statement or explanation of why you want to be included in this project
• Images of at least 5 examples of your work created in the last 5 years
• CV or resume
• Contact information including websites, social media, etc. so we can learn more about your work
Contact with Questions: Please contact Jillian Slane at email@example.com