Guidelines link: Click here for guidelines
Guidelines: WoosterGreenGuidelines.docx 163.23 kB
Disciplines: Not Discipline Specific
Wooster Green Steering Committee
Request for Qualifications
Organized by the Wooster Green Steering Committee (WG)
Funded by the citizens of Bowling Green
Administered by the City of Bowling Green, Ohio
Project Intent: As administered by the City of Bowling Green, the Wooster Green Steering Committee is seeking to commission a work of public art for the newly developed community space situated in downtown Bowling Green, Ohio.
The Wooster Green Steering Committee is seeking qualifications from artists and/or artist teams for this public art project. The Wooster Green Space is the site of a former public school. The WG Steering Committee will seek qualified artisans to propose a sculpture incorporating the theme of education, teaching and learning.
The budget for this project is $45,000. The budget includes all costs associated with the project including but not limited to: artist’s design fee, travel, materials, public presentation(s), documentation, transportation, permits, installation of the work and other contingencies. A nominal proposal stipend will be given to the finalists.
The project is open to all artists, age 18 and over, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical or mental disability. Artist teams are eligible to apply, including teams from multiple disciplines.
Proposed Time Line 2019-2020:
• 2/15: RFQ Direct Call Launched
• 4/1: Deadline for Submission of Qualifications
• 5/1: Start of RFQ Review
• 5/21: Interviews by phone (Q&A) to 2-3 artists/artist teams
• 9/9: Artist/teams site visits to gather community and site information (mid-September)
• 9/16: Proposals from 2-3 finalists presented to the Steering Committee and invited public
• 9/30: Commission awarded two weeks after presentations
• 10/28: Final Design submitted to Steering Committee
• Spring 2020: Installation (date relative to site conditions and artist schedule)
The Wooster Green Steering Committee reserves the right to change the project timeline. The schedule will be mutually agreed upon based on the schedule for the selected artist and that of the Wooster Green Steering Committee. The project start date will be mutually agreed upon.
How to Apply:
Artists and artist teams who are interested in this project must prepare and submit the following materials. All items must be submitted digitally by email. No physical media will be accepted. No other text formats will be accepted. Proposals are not requested at this stage.
Required Materials to be Submitted:
• Letter of Interest: The letter should be no more than one page and should explain the artist’s interest in the project.
• Resume: If submitting as a team, one resume for each team member should be submitted.
• 10 Digital Images: Images of the artist’s professional work in the following format:
• File Type: JPEGs
• Image Size: Images must be no more than 9.5 inches on the longest side and saved at 72 dpi.
• File labeling: Files must be titled with a number indicating the viewing order, followed by the artist’s last name. The numbers must correspond to the accompanying Image List. Use “0” in front of single digit numbers. Do not use more the 30 characters, and use only letters, numbers and underscores. Example: 01_Smith.jpg
o Image List: Submit an image list corresponding to the submitted digital images. Each entry on the image list should include the following
• Image number
• Artist’s name
• Title of work
• Brief description
• Date of work
• Project budget
o Public Art/Community Engagement: 2-3 Examples of public art involving Community input. If there are not past examples, please provide examples of how this would be conducted.
o Three (3) Professional References: Submit a list of at least three professional references that have an intimate knowledge of the artist’s work and working methods. The list must include complete addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
Process to Submit Materials:
• Materials should be emailed to: Lori Young, RFQ Coordinator, WoosterGreenRFQ@gmail.com
• Subject line: RFQ Submission – Wooster Green
• Deadline: 4/1/2019
• All Submissions must be received by April 1, 2019. No late entries will be considered.
• For further information, please contact Lori Young, 419-372-7763
Where to Submit Materials:
Materials should be emailed to: Lori Young, RFQ Coordinator; email@example.com
Subject line: RFQ Submission – Wooster Green
All Submissions must be received by April 1, 2019. No late entries will be considered.
For Further Information
For further information, please contact Lori Young, 419-372-7763