Date Posted: 01/08/2019
Application Deadline: 02/28/2019
Type of Position: full time
View Job Description (link): Click here to view job description
Submit the following to email@example.com using the subject line “Thoma Foundation Education Fellow – Your last name”.
• Cover letter that lets your personality and style shine through. Tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a museum or cultural program that you planned or attended recently that made an impact.
• In the cover letter please answer the following question: How do you see visitor engagement evolving in museums right now?
• Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
• An one-page overview of a program that you created for the public or a lesson plan/curriculum for an educational experience that you led with a group.
• Contact information for 3 references. If you know someone who is associated with moCa, be sure to tell us.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered so please submit all required materials together in one email.
The Thoma Foundation Education Fellow is a passionate, spirited museum educator who enjoys creating and delivering strategic engagement and experiences for onsite Museum audiences of all ages and backgrounds. Working closely with the Curator of Education & Engagement, the Thoma Foundation Education Fellow ensures a consistent, intentional, and memorable experience for all museum visitors through dialogue, interpretation, programs, tours, and other onsite educational initiatives. This position develops creative approaches to connect with and cultivate diverse audiences. It also evaluates onsite engagement strategies and refines them based on visitor needs and desires in order to deliver an inclusive, satisfying experience to all and encourage repeat visitation. This position is a full-time, 3-year appointment.