Ohio City—or the “City of Ohio” as it was known at its 1818 founding—was originally a part of Brooklyn Township. On March 3, 1836, just two days before Cleveland’s incorporation, the City of Ohio became an independent municipality. It remained so until June 5, 1854, when it was annexed to the city of Cleveland.
The Screw Factory Artist Studios are located within the Lake Erie Building. We open our doors three times a year for studio sales however many of the studios host other events including classes and workshops.